Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Catch up (a little)

As promised, here is my first small attempt to be better at blogging. Our family has had a very busy year. We are moving to Albuquerque, New Mexico for a year long internship, and will be leaving Auburn June 1. Robert is working on his dissertation, and I have been chasing three very energetic and beautiful children. Lindsey has learned how to read, is taking ballet, and loves all things girlie. Alan is very much a boy, and loves to wrestle and throw things and play in the mud, but he also loves Polly pockets and playing with Lindsey. See below for Blake's update.

I think Blake has changed the most, so he gets an extra picture. (: He is 16 months old now (crazy!!) and absolutely loves life. He has finally conquered crawling and cruising, and gets into everything. He also loves to climb, so it wouldn't be unusual at all for me to find him on a shelf(or the kitchen table, or the top of the piano). He is still a very laid back child, and keeps all of us smiling. He also has quite a sense of humor and will do silly things like pet Lindsey's hair and say "doggie!".

A week or two ago I was cleaning the bathrooms and realized I hadn't heard anything from any of the kids for a while, so I thought I'd better go see who had died. This is what I found. What's that saying? 'You can take a boy out of the country, but you can't take the country out of a boy.' There really ought to be one about nerds--for instance, 'you can take a nerd out of the library, but you can't take the library out of a nerd? Hmmmm. . .I'll work on it. Maybe it will be the new Butler family slogan. Anyhoo, I have promised April that I will blog at least once a month so she at least knows what the kids look like, so expect to see at least a little bit more of me.

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

Thank you Trina! How nice to see your children! They have changed and grown up a lot seen the last pictures of them! They are beautiful children!!! I'm glad to hear that Blake is crawling and climbing! :D Isn't it wonderful that they all love reading! I don't consider people who like reading to be nerds! What a wonderful pasttime you have introduced to your children!!!

David & Brenda said...

Loved seeing the pictures! Blake is definitely growing up. I had to laugh at your slogan. :) It's especially funny when one remembers that Lindsey's first word was "book". How I love you all!

Linda Westover said...

So glad to see pictures of your cute children! We're glad, too, that you get to come "west" for at least a year. It will be fun to hear from you on a more regular basis.

Linda Westover said...

So glad to see pictures of your cute children! We're glad, too, that you get to come "west" for at least a year. It will be fun to hear from you on a more regular basis.

April Bishop said...

Thanks! Now I know what those cute nephews and niece of mine look like! :)

Karen said...

I agree with everyone! Great to read what's going on. Hope you're missing all the tornados! We loved Albequerque the one time we spent 4 days there. Welcome back to the west!