Thursday, May 12, 2011

Our New House

This is our new house in Albuquerque, New Mexico. We are really excited about it! It is a 3 bedroom, 1.75 bathroom home with a two car garage. Lindsey's school is within walking distance, there is a park one block away, it is ten minutes from the temple, fifteen minutes from Robert's work, and in a fantastic neighborhood (and it didn't even go over our rent budget!).
The only downside is this lovely wood paneling in the living room, though the owner did tell us we could paint it if we want to.
The kitchen has good cupboard space, newer appliances (less than two years old), an attached dining room, a dishwasher and a garbage disposal, as well as a cutout looking into the family room.
This is one of the small bedrooms, which are the same size. Lindsey is very excited to get her own room.
It is hard to take a good picture of the backyard because there is privacy fencing all around (the fence you see is the only one comprised of wooden slats). In addition to the large tree, there is a covered patio, and a pecan tree in our neighbor's yard has grown over the other side of the yard, so the owner said we get quite a few pecans. Yum! There is no grass, but with a park about a two minute walk away, I think we'll do fine. Plus, what kid doesn't love the dirt?!
I have more pictures, but I thought it might be a bit much to post them all, so if you want more, email me and I'll send them to you (Yes, Mum, that is mostly a comment for you (:). I love you all!

5 comments:

Linda Westover said...

We're excited for you...both because you are "out West" again and in a house! Thanks for posting the pictures so we can visualize where you are.

April Bishop said...

Nice! Way better than a trailer! I'ld love to see more pictures. As many as you've got. Congratulations on finding a home!

David & Brenda said...

I'm so happy you found a home you will be happy in for the next year! Thanks for posting photos! I know you and yours will be very happy there...and we will be happy visiting you...only 9 1/2 hours away! Hurray!! Can hardly wait to see it in person...although we get to see you in person (here) in just 3 weeks!!!

Karen said...

How fun!! The paint job I liked the best on our wood paneling was one stripe in flat paint and the next stripe in the same paint only semi-gloss. Plus it was easy to do with the grooves in the paneling already. You'll have agreat time making it your own. Happy Birthday!!

Anonymous said...

SO EXCITING!!!!! I am so happy for you!