Saturday, August 29, 2009

While I'm already doing this, a funny quote of the day from yesterday, and a quick update.

Quote of the day:
After playing a Lindsey invented game that involved a lot of hopping and skipping, Lindsey said:
"Mommy! Be careful! Won't the baby fall out?!?"
If only it were that easy!! :)

We found out last week that we are having another boy, which prompted some disappointment for Lindsey ("I don't want a boy! I want a sister!!") and some excitement for us. It will be a lot of fun for Alan especially, since he and his new brother will be 18 months apart. I am due on Christmas day, so hopefully the baby will be born sometime around the end of the year.

Robert is busily working on his qualifying exams (for his doctorate), Lindsey is working hard at playing hard, and Alan is working hard at tormenting Lindsey as much as he can while he tries to put in a full day of play, too. I am playing the piano for the university again this semester and some friends and I have started a preschool program for our children, so between those things and trying to keep my home in order and my family fed and dressed and relatively clean, I am quite busy. Life is wonderful!!

5 comments:

Brenda Sue said...

Love and congratulations from the Westover family! We are thrilled for you and your family! It sure would be a nice treat if you could work some way of bringing your cute family to the Macbeth Family Reunion in Washington July 22-24th of July this coming year. I sure miss you, and there are some people I am not sure I have even met yet, that I know I would like to meet.

Darwin and Candace Johnson said...

Congrats! I had no idea you were expecting again! That is exciting! I'm due on Halloween! We are full of holiday due dates! Congrats!

April Bishop said...

It's about time... I love the cake! You did a great job. It turned out really, really cute. It was great to see you!

Karen said...

Love the hair! And the cake is way cute. I was never that clever when my girls were little. It was SO FUN to see you in Wa. You just fit right here in the NW!!

Cheryl said...

Congratulations! It's exciting that Alan will be able to have a brother close to his age, but I can underestand Lindsey's disappointment. I love your hair cut! you are looking so good Trina! Love you and your little ones!!! :)