No pictures today, but I thought I would post an update on some very exciting news for our family. . .No, there is no new baby (how many kids do you think I can have in less than five years!?! (:) but this news is almost as exciting. Drum roll, please!
Robert has passed his dissertation defense and is unofficially Doctor Robert Butler!! We think his new nickname will be Dr. Bob. He won't be officially finished until the end of his internship at University of New Mexico, but we are still VERY happy. It has been five years of extremely long hours, late nights, learning, hard work, sometimes frustration, not even mentioning the low pay and lack of benefits and then there is all Robert has gone through on top of that! Just kidding. (: He has always been a wonderful husband and father first, and a student next. He has never lost sight of what matters most, and I am so grateful for him. I must admit that the thought of a real job in the near future appeals to me greatly, but I also think we will always look back on these grad school years with fondness.
On a brief aside, we are loving Albuquerque. The kids have been thriving in the dirt of our backyard (: and all the things that made me nervous about city living (traffic, noise, claustrophobia, etc.) have not been bad at all. It is really nice to be able to get to absolutely anywhere in ten minutes or less. I am auditioning for the Opera Southwest Company chorus with a dear friend from my days at Ricks who just happens to live here, and I must admit that singing again has been good for my soul. Robert is thriving at work--no real surprise to anyone who knows him--and seems to be happy reunited with his crazy little family. All in all, life is wonderful.
6 comments:
So glad to hear all is going well. :) Congrats!!
Congratulations to you and Dr. Bob! :) I totally understand the graduate school experience--it is not easy but you both did it together. Isn't it a great feeling?!
Congratulations to Robert! And good for you, to be doing something soul-building for yourself! Good moms tend to do too little of that.
Sounds like Albuquerque is ging to be a verypositive experience for the whole family! Congratulations Dr. Bob and Mrs. Bob!
Wa-hoo! School is wonderful and I sometimes miss it, but getting out of it is also great. I'm a tad jealous that you're singing again. I have yet to do something outside of ward choir. I'll get there! I know they have Opera Idol in May, so maybe I'll train up for that!
Now that we are back in Hurricane it was great to see blog entries from each of our children. Although I said it over the phone, I want to say publicly how proud we are of Robert (and you) in his new achievement. We know how hard he has worked to excel in his field and look forward to the coming years as he serves others in his chosen field.
Post a Comment