I just got back from my monthly perusal of family and friend blogs, and am trying to face this grim reality--I am not really a blogger. *GASP* Maybe my old-fashioned brain just isn't hardwired for things that require the use of computers. I write decently as long as it involves a pen and paper, but as soon as I start trying to type something, the words slip from my mind. Maybe my life isn't as interesting as other people's, or maybe I just need to learn to see the humor in things. I guess I will never know what distinguishes a great blogger from a mediocre one, but of this I am sure: I do not fall into the 'great' category. Don't get me wrong--I am not complaining at my lot, and I am grateful that so many of you (who probably aren't reading this) are witty and eloquent and dedicated bloggers--this is just a sad recognitions of something lacking. For those of you who faithfully check my 'blog,' I thank you for loving me and my family enough to deal with my sad lack of skill. Maybe if I read April's blog enough I will miraculously transform into a super-blogger. :)In the mean time, I love you in spite of my faults, and I will comfort myself with this distinguished accomplishment--I am probably one of the only people in the world who can say that they are a cubmaster, sing in an opera company, are not on 'pinterest,'and have never sent a text message. I am unique!
P.S. Just in case my skills are even weaker than I thought, this is meant in a tone of sarcasm and humor. Cheers!:)
8 comments:
Hey, I'm with you, Trina! I almost never post anything (although I am good at making comments.) However I do think that writing on your blog periodically is a great way for a mom of young children to record all those cute things they say and do. Then you can even print it all out in a book for those little ones to laugh at as they age.
But whatever you do, we love you and enjoy hearing about your family.
Oh, I also wanted to say that I LOVED being Cubmaster -- what other position in the church allows you to act like a complete goof and get cheers for it?
Read a blog?? I just want to see pictures!
I'm with Aunt Karen. Any words are just background for cute pictures of adorable kids... =)
This is all about journaling anyway, right? That's why I blog. I type faster than I write. But I seem to remember that you write rather well. If that's a better way for you to record - awesome! Though I might miss seeing you in the occasional picture...
Sis, We love you.
How did I miss this post? I guess it was the raging tomato that sidetracked me. :) Trina, Trina, Trina! You are unique and you're mine! How I love you!
I totally concur with your assessment of blogging! I think it is a wonderful way to record events and moments and it is especially great to be able to share with those far away. And nobody says you have to be as funny as April--we all enjoy different personalities, so just roll with it whenever it suits you. My personal journal keeping kind of went extinct when my kids came along, but we are still here and happy! ps the "tomato tornado" story is terrific!
Post a Comment