Thursday, February 28, 2013
Getting Older
So, today at lunch Alan and Blake were chattering on as usual, and I was doing dishes and not paying much attention as usual. I am honestly not sure what they were talking about, but suddenly I hear Alan say to Blake: "No, I wasn't talking to you! I was talking to the old lady!" WHAT!?!?! He couldn't possibly mean his lovely young mother, could he?!? Oh yes he did! To his credit (or his charming father's training(:), he did say afterwards, "Don't worry, Mom. I was just pretending. You're really not THAT old." If I am old at the ripe age of 32, there is no one to blame but my beautiful children!(: I include the picture of Blake because I am pretty sure that's what my face looked like, and plus, it's just funny.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Pretty funny stuff...depending on which end of the comment you're on! It's amazing to look at pictures of my folks when I thought they were so well-aged...like when they had their 25th wedding anniversary. Now when I look back at those pictures, I have to laugh because they look so young. If it's any comfort, you'll never be an old lady to me!
For an old lady, you're pretty funny.... Love the look on Blake's face. I'll just bet that's what you looked like... Kids are so goooooood for our self esteem...
As Uncle Jim always says to kids in situations like this... "Why I ought a...". Kids are funny and have absolutely no concept of age. You are a young and beautiful 32 year old woman!
You (well, Blake) totally put a smile on my face! That's a keeper! (And so is he.)
Post a Comment