Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Progress!

I have been working on my taxes, and every time I finish a section it has the word "Progress!" complete with exclamation point. I have decided that is what I am going to tell myself whenever I succeed in not raising my voice when Blake has cut up the entire notebook I was writing my book in (If I'm honest with myself, it wasn't that good anyway, so no big loss (:), or Alan has colored all over his bed. Progress! Or when I make dinner and it is actually healthy, or exercise more than my mouth. Progress! Or when I manage to do my visiting teaching three months in a row, or read my scriptures for more than one verse without interruption. Progress! After all, isn't that what it's all about?! And then when I slip up, I can repent and still say "Progress!"

3 comments:

Linda Westover said...

Wise conclusion! Not berating one's self for being imperfect is a great step forward for any of us,

David & Brenda said...

Motivational thought! Progress!

Cheryl said...

Seeing these pictures warms my heart! How nice that you have a little Trina! I love the original to death!!!!! Lindsey's pretty great too!