Tuesday, November 20, 2012
And More Leaves
Did I mention we moved into a house with a lot of leaves? Our township (which is Wright's Township, even though we live in the municipality of Mountain Top and have a Mountain Top address--don't ask us, we're as confused as anyone by the whole PA system)comes by and collects leaves once every fall. So we and all our neighbors blow all the leaves to the side of the road every few days (or they are too heavy to blow with even the best leaf blower) and make spectacular leaf piles until they finally come and suck the piles up with a giant vacuum hose attached to a dump truck. My boys have never had so much fun going for walks as they have the last few weeks!Every street looked like this--I honestly don't think I've ever seen so many leaves in my life! And this is after Sandy has blown through!!
I tried to take some pictures on our way to the Washington D.C. temple, but we didn't have time to stop, so this is my lame attempt to capture the beauty passing by out my window.
I have never seen such beautiful colors. Everywhere else I've ever lived, you see a few trees that have these colors, but here it is virtually every tree. I think it is safe to say that fall will continue to be my favorite season!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I shall no longer complain (at least not loudly) about the leaves I get to rake in our yard! Amazing pictures!
Post a Comment