Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The unremodeled portion of the house

I forget that posts go on the blog in opposite order (the last one you write goes first), so I just realized I need to repeat my warning that you will read again on the last of the house picture posts. Oops! WARNING!! Many house pictures follow, but if you don't want to see them, there are also pictures of the kids after, so skip ahead. The home we purchased was built in 1979 (if you can't tell just by looking at the kitchen (:). It has four bedrooms, three and a half bathrooms, a kitchen, dining room, living room, family room, and rec room. There is only one bedroom, one bathroom, and the rec room in the walk-out basement, and then a very large unfinished portion that we will use for storage. It is a HUGE home (the finished portion is just over 4000 square feet), and we got a really good deal on it because it had been on the market for almost a year, the owners were desperate to move, and honestly, it needed a lot of work. The home is structurally in really good shape, but it needed a lot of updates, as you will see from the following pictures. I am including pictures of the kitchen and dining room just so you can have a picture of the portion of the house we are living in. These rooms obviously need updating, but we decided to work on the bedrooms and flooring first because they were not really livable, and thanks to a lot of cleaning from Mum, these rooms are. I haven't put in any pics of the basement because we don't really use it.

No comments: