Friday, April 26, 2013
Self-Portrait
I have mentioned a few times that Alan is obsessed with taking pictures. His most recent escapade resulted in the kissable lips shot of Claire and this self-portrait. He doesn't usually have a double chin, but I think it captures his earnest and sweet personality. He is trying so hard to be a good boy! A few days ago I was having one of those days and suddenly heard water running in the kitchen. I ran in, sure that someone was misbehaving, and there was Alan rinsing the dishes and loading the dishwasher. I asked him what he was doing, and he said, "You work so hard all the time, and I want to help, so I am doing the dishes." It honestly made me tear up a little. He is my child who will drop whatever he is doing and get me a diaper, or let the dog out, or move Claire away from the bookshelves, or anything I ask. I am so grateful for my wonderful children. They are sometimes naughty, never neat, occasionally nutty, but always mine!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
What a gold mine!!! Thank you, Trina! It is hard living so far away. I absolutely loved looking through the pictures and reading the comments you made about the children. It has brought all of you a lot closer. I love you!
That little man is precious. Thank goodness for those precious moments that completely outweigh the hard ones.
I love how every little person has such a unique personality. You are very blessed to have four unique, precious souls in your family!
What a sweet boy and when did he grow up?
Post a Comment